Wednesday, August 2, 2017

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps August Reveal Day Two-"Tutu"

Happy Wednesday!! Today I have another new stamp set to reveal from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps.

I created two cards with the new "Tutu" stamp set. I have to admit that this set is my favorite!!

On my first card, I used a pigment ink and magenta embossing powder to stamp and heat emboss one of the ballerinas from the set on black card stock.


I then die cut the circle and arranged it over an A2, top folding card that I had covered in striped pattern paper.


To give the ballerina a bit of pop, I die cut and punched different sized circles out of pieces of pink pattern paper that I had in my scrap pile.


I stamped the sentiment, also from the "Tutu" set onto a white paper strip and then cut it up to disperse the sentiment over the front of the card.

On my second card, I decided to do a bit of coloring. I stamped one of the ballerinas from the set with black dye ink and used gel pens in pink and purple to color in the flowers in her skirt. Gel pens are great for these flowers as they can get in the small, tight spaces.


I then used glitter glue and Nuvo crystal drops for the middle of each flower. Doesn't the skirt almost look 3D?


I tied a piece of twine around the panel and adhered it to an A2 card base that I had covered in pink patterned paper. So simple!!

Here is a sneak peek of the complete stamp set:


This stamp set will be for sale on Friday, August 4, 2017 at the CAS-ual Fridays Stamp Store. Don't forget to use my code-nora2017-to get 15% off your total order-including sale items!!


To see some more projects using this stamp set, hop on over to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog. Michele has posted the entire list of the Design Team's blogs for more "Tutu" fun!! Also, do not forget to post a comment for a chance to be entered into a random drawing to win this fun stamp set.

Thanks for hopping over today. Tomorrow there will be another stamp set revealed so remember to stop on by!!


Supplies:

Tutu Embossed Card
Stamps-CAS-ual Fridays Stamps “Tutu,”
Paper-Stampin Up! Basic Black
Ink-Hero Arts Pigment Ink “Pastel Pink”
Other-Ranger Ink “Magenta” Opaque Shiny Embossing Powder, Wagner Heat Tool,

Tutu Gel Pen Card
Stamps-CAS-ual Fridays Stamps “Tutu,”
Ink-Ranger “Jet Black” Archival Ink
Markers-Kaisercraft Gel Pens “Kaisercolour 24
Other-Stickles Glitter Glue-“Magenta,”“Lavender,” Ranger Enamel Accents-“Gumball



SaveSave

3 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

What a pretty pair of cards Nora and the first one is particularly awesome! I love the way the circles and split sentiment draws the eye down the card. Great design.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow....two simply adorable cards. I love your sweet ballerina's!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness are those little ballerinas in their floral tutus ever sweet! CUTE cards Nora!