Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother's Day, CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge #221, AAA Cards #90: Embossing, Color Throwdown 442 and a Tag for Tag You're It Challenge! #71

Happy Mother's Day everyone!! I hope you are all being treated like royalty!

Our day is low key, which is what I like. I had a really rough week so just being home with my family feels good to me.

I went to the gym and met all my calorie goals for the day-just in time to eat the luscious chocolate cake Chris made for me!! I cannot wait until after dinner!

Charlotte typed me up the nicest note and gave me a tea thermos for work, along with a gift card to buy some tea. I am drinking different loose leaf, non sweetened brewed iced teas as of late. Feel free to make any recommendations as I have not found one I love right now.

Yesterday I created two projects for some challenges. It was a rainy day, perfect for organizing and playing in my craft room. I even used some NBUS, Darnell's acronym for "Never Been Used Shtuff," which I have a TON sitting on my desk right now!!

The first is a card I created using a faux watercolor technique with my Tombow Markers and an MFT butterfly.


CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge #221 was the inspiration for the layout design, Color Throwdown Challenge 442 was the inspiration for the colors and this card also goes along with AAA Cards: CAS Game #90: Embossing.


I started off by coloring in the different layers of stamps with Tombow markers, squirting with water and then stamping on watercolor card stock. I used a heat gun between each layer to dry the wet marker. I also used a paintbrush to add additional ink to places I thought the butterfly needed.


I used ink pads in the same color as the markers to make the splatters. I then die cut the panel into a rectangle and stamped a sentiment from Altenew with gray ink.

I used foam adhesive to layer the butterfly over a decorated A2, top folding card base. I had used a stencil to add some polka dots onto the yellow the background and embossed a blue panel to match the blue in the butterfly (which looks kind of green mixed with the yellow) but is blue.


I added a few sequins in matching colors and covered the butterfly with Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Marker as the finishing touch. I love how this came out and want to try using some other mediums to makes some framed "art" for some special people in my life.



For my next project, I made a tag to play along with the "Tag You're It Challenge! #71"


I used the Hero Arts "Layered Poppy" stamp for the flowers and the stems/leaves/buds. I added some Tombow marker on the leaves and the buds to give them a little dimension.

Here was the inspiration tag.


The poppies were inspired by the red tulips and my red "sorry" sentiment was inspired by the hello from the inspiration tag.


I used a Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen over the poppies and the "sorry" sentiment to give it some shine.


I added red and sheer ribbon at the top like the inspiration piece. I LOVE how this came out an will be using this tag on a card in the future.

That is all from me today. Here is to a fabulous week!! I am hoping mine is better then last week or I am in trouble.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Your comments are always welcome!!

Supplies for Card:






Supplies for Tag:

27 comments:

Broni said...

Your cards/tags are so pretty!! I love the watercolored butterfly!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!!

Lisa Elton said...

Happy Mother's Day Nora! Love the fancy butterfly on your pretty card. Those flowers on your tag looks so real!! Beautifully done!!

Neha said...

Such a soft colors on butterfly. Love the die detailing on panel. Tab is beautiful too!

Hannelie said...

Hi Nora!
LOVE your pretty butterfly :) Our sketch looks amazing on your card!
Your tag... another wow!!!
Thanks for joining CTS this week.
Have a great week!

Virginia L. said...

Wow, thanks for the EYE Candy! Each one of them is delightful, Nora! You treated each one with such attentions to details and I love them all.

Darnell said...

Well done using your NBUS, Nora, and thank you for the shoutout! I love your direct-to-stamp-spritz design very much! I really like this technique and use it whenever I want a quick card that looks like I've spent hours painting it, lol! I usually just go ahead and color all the different colors at once, say, greens for leaves and reds/pinks for flower and then spritz a couple of times and then stamp. It's much quicker than doing each color step at a time, although your way is much more meticulous and gorgeous!!

And your tag! I think it is utterly sensational! So bold and perfectly colored! It's an absolute winner in my book!!

I hope the coming week is a good one for you! Hugs, Darnell

Emily Shroom said...

Love the faux watercolour technique and the poppy sympathy tag is beautiful!

Sue said...

Your butterfly card is stunning, Nora. Such a wonderful use of the colours and sketch. The butterfly is gorgeous. I love this stamp set and you have used it beautifully. LOVE your tag too, I just adore poppies.

~amy~ said...

Nora, these are beautiful!

Jane said...

That's an absolutely stunning butterfly, love the colours. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

ionabunny said...

Beautiful cards. Hugz

Judy1223 said...

Nora, this is so beautiful! Soft and dreamy, and the sentiment is so wonderful...I love everything about it!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Beautiful combination of colour and design. Gorgeous dreamy butterfly and Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards this week.

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful projects, Nora! I couldn't stop looking at the first one -- it's so gorgeous! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Tracey McNeely said...

Nora your butterfly is gorgeous and that tag is divine. Thank you for sharing with us at Tag You're It!!

Nonni said...

Oh my goodness, both your projects are absolutely stunning! I love the soft color palettes and water color style combined with clean and simple look. Inspiring work!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So pretty - that butterfly shimmers in its beautiful frame and that poppy tag - well I just happen to LOVE poppies! You colored them so beautifully!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so wonderfully done Nora...love the pop of red on the poppies and the details on the butterfly are wonderful.
xx Karen

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely cards Nora, super poppy stamp sets and gorgeous tag using them

Kelly Szafron said...

Lovely tag and card! The colouring details you added to the tag really added to the stamped images. Thank you for sharing your tag at Tag You're It!

Bobby said...

Those poppies are beautiful and I love the holey tag die, Nora. Thanks for sharing your tag with us at Tag You're It!

Nancy Penir said...

Came to comment on your gorgeous tag, Nora, and got treated to a beautiful butterfly card too! The tag is a standout. Love it! Thanks for playing along at TYI!

Diane said...

Gorgeous designs Nora, your poppies are so pretty. Glad you had a fun Mother's Day.

Hugs Diane

anja curvers said...

Both of your projects are stunning but I love your take on the tag those poppy's really pop, great work. Thanks for joining us over at Tag You're It.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your tag is stunning!

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous cards and tags Nora! Your work is absolutely gorgeous!

Betty said...

Lovely card, Nord. Thanks for playing along with us at the FUSION card challenge and hope to see you again.