Monday, January 16, 2017

Happy Monday and a card for the Fusion Card Challenge

Hi everyone!! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend. Ours was filled with company and we had so much fun!! Antiquing, going out to dinner, watching a movie, going to Ikea-just so busy and a lot of laughs. I don't have enough weekends like that.

Today I had the day off and was FINALLY able to create something for the Fusion Card Challenge. I had stamped my elements last weekend but never had the time to put together anything last week. I used PaperTrey Ink's "Cup of Cheer" set for all my stamped elements.


I actually created two cards for the challenge. I chose to use both the sketch and the photo as my inspiration. I really wanted the coffee pot and cups to be more of a red but the color is really more of a pink. I don't like to waste things so I chose to use them anyway.


For the first card, I used a piece of wood patterned paper scrap and a circle behind my tableau. The wood bench in the photo was my inspiration for the use of this paper.


I stacked the coffee pot and cups together over a Kraft card stock circle to ground them.


I did not use any sequins on this, which was a first for me!! I really wanted it to be a more simple card.

For my second card, I still used the sketch but eliminated the circle behind the elements.


I probably should have flipped the sketch and put all the elements on the right side but I was taking a bit of a leap!!


I grounded the cups and coffee pot by stamping the sentiment on a banner rather then right on the patterned paper this time to mix it up a bit.

So happy that I finished these in time and was able to blog about it. I am trying to be better at blogging this year.

I thank you for taking the time to stop by. Have a fabulous night!!


Supplies:
Stamps and Dies-"Cup of Cheer" by PaperTrey Ink
Paper-Bazzill (Beige card stock), Basic Grey, Neenah Solar White, PaperTrey Ink (Rustic White), Kraft card stock, Wood (unknown)
Ink-WPlus9 "Flamingo Pink," Hero Arts "Butter Bar," Hero Arts "Green Hills," PaperTrey Ink "Smokey Shadow," and Memento "Rich Cocoa"
Other-Big Shot, Foam Adhesive Nuvo Crystal Drops, MISTI

SaveSaveSaveSave

5 comments:

Hannelie said...

Gorgeous!!!

Michelle said...

Two lovely cards, Nora! Thanks for joining us in celebrating Fusion's 3rd anniversary!

Michelle said...

Two beautiful CAS cards with lovely color and detail!Many thanks for joining in the fun at the 3rd Anniversary Fusion Card Challenge!

I Card Everyone said...

I adore the papers you've used, Nora!!! OH my goodness LOve them with your darling pink pots and cups!!!
You'll get a laugh out of the three of us Michele-amigos commenting together here, right? What's in a name: great taste in cards!!!
xo
=]

Kim S said...

I so love the pink with the natural backgrounds!