Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Stamping Smiles Designs Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #21

Happy Tuesday!! I hope everyone has recovered from their sugar high last night. I don't care if I see another piece of candy for a while. Well, except for maybe the Blow Pops. I am a bit addicted to them!!

It is the first of the month so the that means another challenge at Stamping Smiles Designs Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge.


I chose to use the last row down-CAS, Builder Stamps, and Pearls/Gemstones.

Let me start by saying I have a love/hate relationship with the builder stamps I own. I LOVE how others use them but I am just not that great at it. First, you have to get the right color combination for the stamps to look good. I have a TON of ink, but I rarely have time to "experiment" with the colors. Second, some stamps are harder to use then others. The first stamp set that I did some playing with I just kept messing up. It was infuriating!!

So I wound up pulling my PaperTrey Ink "The Sweet Life" stamp set out and using that for my CAS card.


I started off using my MISTI and stamping my roses in three ink colors-Hero Arts "Red Royal," My Favorite Things "Wild Cherry," and Hero Arts "Pale Tomato." I then stamped the leaves using the same PaperTrey Ink set with Simon Says Stamps "Jelly Bean" and My Favorite Things "Sour Apple" ink.


I then die cut the stamped images with the matching dies. I mounted the images over a white panel that I had cut using the Mama Elephant "Peek-a-Frame" die, that was stamped with the sentiment using the PaperTrey Ink "Words of Comfort" stamp set and a strip of Lawn Fawn patterned paper.


I used a bit of "Clear" Wink of Stella over the roses and then added some gems around the central image.


Since these roses came out so well, I did a few more to make some other cards later.

I hope this inspires you to come on over an play with us this time for Challenge #21. I cannot wait to see what you come up with!!



SaveSaveSaveSave

4 comments:

Hannelie said...

Wow!!!
Crisp and fresh stamping!
So beautiful

Lisa Elton said...

This is fresh and lovely!!

Unknown said...

It's absolutely gorgeous Nora ! Your roses are just wonderful in those different tones of pink ! I love the design of your card ! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring !
Izzy Scrap

Anita in France said...

So crisp and fresh and lovely, Nora ... the ink layering is gorgeous on those fabulous flowers! Hugs, Anita :)